Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent Day 2

Hi there!  How are you?  Fine? Great! (I'm just guessing...)  Me?  Well, I'm a little tired.  Today was a full day and I didn't do a very good job of planning in any margins.  I went from one morning meeting to the office to pick up the kids to the grocery store to a school program to Life (Bible Study) Group with only a couple of brief stops at home (I didn't take the groceries with me to the school program!) and not enough time in between.  Thankfully, today was out of the ordinary.  But I do know that I need to be careful to make sure that days like today don't become the norm!

We talked during our missionary training about having "margins" in our lives.  A cushion, some might say.  Space to breathe, I would say now.  Time for rest.  REST.  It's been a theme God's been teaching me about for...  hmmm...  Well, I don't know how long.  A really long time, I suspect.  : )  But I'm finally getting it.  Both meaning that I'm understanding and I'm getting more rest!  I'm learning how to rest in Him.  And it is a very good thing.  I'm sure I'll be writing more about resting in the weeks to come.

And speaking of rest, it's time for me to go to bed.  : )  I'll leave you with a funny video we saw at a seminar in Fall.  And I'll see you tomorrow!  : )



~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. hey... I was looking forward to what you would write on day 2...

    I think it´s cool... just a way to "wrap-up"/ give meaning to the day/ sum it up.

    I need margins Melissa! this is my not-very-many-margins month :(. Will email later and share why. But, God IS helping me get organized. And I have my own challenge for these 40 days :). I think you´d like it :).

    was thinking today of much I´d like to share with you. but for now, this... (my paraphrase of your colossians verse)- has been on my mind and lips since yesterday...

    may the lavender peace of Christ rule in your hearts... and be thankful?

    why lavender? bc/ it´s a color He gave me once to soothe me to sleep :).

    love ya!

    btw.. of all your Peru pics (the ones I saw..!) the ones I loved the most were of you laying in bed :). Maybe you should put one in your refrigerator to go with the resting theme :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.