Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gracias...

I have just a couple more thoughts to share about grace.  Remember a few days ago when I started talking about thanksgiving being connected with awareness of grace?  It made me notice for the first time (since my first Spanish lesson back in 1984) that the word in Spanish for THANK YOU is GRACIAS.  And in case you don't speak Spanish or see the connection...  Gracia is the Spanish word for GRACE.  So basically, every time I am thanking someone in Spanish, I am acknowledging grace.  I think that's pretty neat.  : )

And here's the last thing I have to say (for now) about God's grace:  
God's GRACE gets the LAST WORD!  
Do you know what the last verse in the entire Bible says?  It's Revelation 22:21.  "The GRACE of the Lord Jesus be with God's people.  Amen."  : )  And that just makes me smile.  To know that in the end, there is God's grace shown to us through Jesus Christ.  No matter what else happens.  No matter how many times I mess up.  No matter how many times I think things depend on me instead of on God.  No matter what, He who began the good work in me will be faithful to complete it.  Because I have chosen to entrust my life and heart to Him, His grace will get the last word in my life.
Gracias, Señor.

Day 13

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.