Saturday, July 07, 2007

07-07-07

Well, in case you didn't notice, today is July 7, 2007...... 07-07-07. Cool, huh? So I thought I'd tell you what I was doing this morning at 7:07:07 am. (Or at least what I think I was doing. I didn't notice the date until after 8:00 so I'm not positively positive but it doesn't really matter--except that I have to be honest with you.) ANYWAY! If I wasn't already working on it, I was getting ready to work on a new song. My family was all still asleep (as they are still now at 8:30am... and don't be jealous. MANY nights both kids wake me up because of dreams or tummy aches and God has rewarded my great night-time patience with the occasional nice quiet morning. I think you'd rather sleep well at night, right??? OK, where was I?) So God told me this morning to get up and write Him another song. I was quite happy to oblige. I haven't yet figured out how to get the music recorded and posted on here, so the words will have to do for now. This song is actually an old song revised. I wrote the first version of it probably 9 years or so ago. It was an amazing process because God gave me the chorus, the verse melody and the words for the verse at 3 different times and I didn't realize until sometime later that they all went together. It was really cool/amazing/exciting/wow. Recently I typed up all "my songs" and gave them to my mom for her ?0th birthday. (It doesn't seem polite to broadcast my mom's age on the internet, so you'll just have to guess.) But I couldn't find the words to this one and I couldn't remember them all. I think it was because it wasn't done yet. But I think it finally is. Yes it is a bit repetitive, but sometimes it takes hearing "Be still!" more than once for me to do it. Blessings to you all today!!! Someday I'll sing it for you... BE STILL “Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.” Psalm 46:10-11 Be still and know, know that I AM God Be still and know, know I AM your Lord Be still and know I created you Be still and know I love you Be still and know, I AM Almighty God Be still and know, I AM your Righteous King Be still and know, I chose you Be still and know, I saved you Be still, be still Be still and know I AM God Be still and know you are alive in Me Be still and know you are forgiven and free Be still and know you are my beloved friend Be still and know you are my adopted child Be still and know you are a victorious saint As I give you strength you can do all things You are invited to boldly come before Me You are my bride. Do you hear Me? YOU ARE MINE Be still, be still Be still and know I AM God So be filled with hope Be filled with peace, knowing I will never leave you Be filled with strength Be filled with power, knowing I am at work in and through you Be filled with life Be filled with love. Shine my truth wherever you go Be filled with grace Be filled with joy, knowing who I AM and who you are in Me Be still, be still Be still and know I AM God Written by M. Ens 7-07-07 at 7:07am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.