Sunday, April 03, 2011

This Season of Easter

Posted by my husband on our family blog the other day...


I spent most of the day yesterday holed up in the back corner of Hiebert Library at Fresno Pacific University.  It was a nice, quiet place to work on my first sermon that I will be giving in a few weeks (with a whole lot of influence, I am trusting, from the Holy Spirit!).  As I read through some excellent books on the topic, and spent some time in the Word, I realized that too often I have passed through this season of Easter without stopping to fully consider the meaning of it.

I was once again impacted by the severity of what Jesus suffered for us at the cross, and the immense mystery that is the cross.  It is so easy to gloss over the details, the vivid horror that presents itself in those verses in the Gospels about this part of Jesus' life and death.  But that is really it, isn't it?  A turning point in history.  A life changer for all of us.

I just found a website that offers an online devotional during the 40 days of Lent.  As of today, we are already 20 days in, but I would encourage you to consider looking at the last 20 days.  It can be found at http://www.soulatrest.com/.

Take care, and may you find great meaning and understanding in the Cross this month.

Lowell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.