Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Shhhh...

Yesterday wasn't really Day 26.  It was Day 25.  Oops.  I feel like I just went back in time a little bit. I also feel like my blogging brain has run out.  I think it had been so long since I'd blogged every day (well...  or anywhere even close) that I was full of ideas and thoughts and words.  Yet now here I am, just a week past midway and I feel like I've run out of things to say.

Perhaps God intended this to happen when He gave me this assignment.

(Pause.)  (Quiet.)  (Listen.)

Clock ticking.

Self breathing.

Refrigerator cooling.

Husband with allergies.

Chair creaking.

Fingers clicking.

Computer fan blowing.

Wind chime ringing outside.

Siren blaring far out there somewhere else.

It is actually the most astounding quiet.  But not for reasons you might thinking of.

It's the quiet in my heart that has caught me off guard.  You see, I'm not exactly used to my head being quiet.  I don't stop to let it be quiet very often.  (Though I am learning.)  (Slowly.)  I was quite busy and felt rather unusually productive today, yet know that tomorrow is coming rather quickly and there is a lot to do.  So I'm surprised to find the quiet inside and thank God sincerely for helping me to grow to this place where the quiet can peacefully exist - inside me of all places!  Considering where I was back even just  six months ago, that is no small thing.

And perhaps that is where I will pick up tomorrow...

Day 25 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.