Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Being His Hands and Feet... and Giving Thanks

 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Colossians 3:17 

I don't very often remember to think of doing everything in the name of Jesus.  To me right now it means that whatever I do today, I could do it aware that Christ is working through me and I'm being His hands and feet.  Since He isn't here physically to wash dishes for my family, I'll do it on His behalf.  Since He isn't walking on earth in my home, I get to care for my kids in His name.  I get to reflect Him as best as I can (by His power - not mine).  

Tomorrow is Maundy Thursday...  the day we remember Jesus washing the disciples' dusty feet in the upper room - the day before His crucifixion. I am praying that as I spend the day with my family God will help me remember that the Holy Spirit does dwell within me and wants to work through my hands and feet and mouth and facial expressions.  Jesus wants to "wash my family's feet" through me.  And as I embrace humility, taking up His yoke and throwing off every other, I am filled with gratitude that He would be willing to work through me.  What extravagant grace!  What an amazing privilege.  And I get to give thanks to God the Father through Jesus.  I cannot even comprehend how that happens but even now say thank you, Father.  Thank You for working in and through me.  Thank You for the plans You have for me.

Show me how to be Your hands and feet as I allow You to wash my feet somehow too.

Day 38

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.