Monday, October 03, 2011

Not By My Might

Last night was our last stop in our whirlwind tour of MO, KS & OK.  We've shared/spoken/visited at about 12 or 13 events in the last 11 days and it was a lot of fun.  The kids still have a bit of homework to finish up (ugh) but we are really thankful for the time we've had to share about this journey of ours and our dreams for the future.  Doing it all with our teammate Stacy made it even better.  : )  It was our first time doing anything as a team and even though it was only part of our team (there are at least 3 others who are on our team as well) it was a great glimpse of the joy working together is going to bring.  PRAISE GOD!

Last night at our last sharing time at Watershed Church in Kansas City, MO, I felt led to share this song with them.  So I thought it would be an appropriate one to share with y'all today.  ; )  I wrote it during the crazy summer of 2010 when we were working hard on moving out of our house so we could start training in Abbotsford and I KNEW there was NO WAY we would be able to get out of our house without God's help and strength and supernatural power at work in us and around us.  This song was one of the ways I could remind myself of that and plead with God for Him to show me His power at the same time.  And as always, He did indeed come through!!!


Not By Might
Zechariah 4:6 “…'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.”
Exodus 9:16 “But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”   

(Chorus)           It’s not by my might
                                It’s not by my power
                                But by your Spirit, oh Lord Almighty
                                It’s not by my strength
                                It’s not by my wisdom
                                But by your grace I stand

David didn’t slay Goliath
‘Cause he was good at throwing stones
Gideon didn’t win the battle
By strength of his own
The walls of Jericho fell by your hand
As your people walked by faith

Moses didn’t set the people free
Peter didn’t walk on water
Your people never won the victory
But by your Spirit’s power

                Lord, I believe! Help my unbelief
                In my weakness show me your power
                You have raised me up so that
                I might proclaim your name
                In all the earth

M. Ens  7.16.10

Mark 9:23-24  " 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." 
Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

Day 3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.