Thursday, October 06, 2011

Be My Strength


Be my strength
Be my song
Be my salvation
You are my God

I will hide
Myself in You
My refuge, my fortress
I am safe with You

Hallelujah!
Our God reigns!
Hosanna!
Our God saves!

Give thanks to the Lord
For He is good
The Lord is with me
And His love endures

M. Ens
Aug 26, 2010

I wrote this song last year during the final week of moving out of our house before moving up to Canada for training.  We finished moving out of our house on the evening of Aug. 30 and drove off for Canada on Sept. 1.  Phew!

God has been teaching me lately more about what it means to hide myself in Him.  I can't really put words to it yet, but am thankful that He is with me to protect me, shield me, comfort me, strengthen me...  He is always here.  Always present.  Always available.  Always strong.

Always in me.  And I'm always in Him.

Mind blowing, people.

John the beloved disciple put it this way (emphasis mine):

1 John 4:13-20

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
13 This is how we know that we remain in Him and He in us: He has given to us from His Spirit. 14 And we have seen and we testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God—God remains in him and he in God16And we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and the one who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.

What a beautiful mystery...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.