Monday, October 31, 2011

The Last Song for Now...

It’s Beyond Me  (Psalm 139)

1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
You understand my thoughts from afar.
3 You observe my going out and my lying down
You are familiar with all my ways

4 Before a word is out of my mouth
You’ve heard it clearly, O LORD.
5 You have me surrounded, behind and before;
You have placed your hand upon me.
6 Lord, it’s beyond me, the way that You know me
Lord, it’s beyond me, the way that You love me

7 Where can I run from your Spirit?      
Where can I hide from your presence?
8 In the grave or in heaven, You are there
9 If I fly on morning’s wings to the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand won't let me go.

11I could say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
for even the light around me will not last”
12 But even the darkness will shine like the day,
for darkness and light are the same to You.
Lord, it’s beyond me, the way that You know me
Lord it’s beyond me, the way that You love me

13 For You made me, Lord;  You knit me together
14 My soul knows very well
Your works are marvelous; I praise and thank You
For I am fearfully and wonderfully made

23 Search me, O God, You know my heart;
Look closely and reveal my anxious thoughts.
24 Show me where I go astray,
and walk with me in your everlasting way.
Lord, it’s beyond me, the way that You know me
Lord, it’s beyond me, the way that You love me

Melissa Ens 7.16.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.