Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Travel Update!

In case you’ve been wondering…

· Toby’s birthday party Sunday: simple, done and fun!

· Plane tickets: obsessed about and finally purchased this morning

· Other documents prepared and being sent to Oregon and on to Bangkok tomorrow

· Meeting Thursday with United States Citizenship & Immigration Services to figure out what’s going on with Kamin’s visa

· Lots of praying and praising and thinking this all seems impossible but knowing with God everything is possible.

And this weekend? We’re going camping. Because it was planned a long time ago to go with some good friends and their kids and it will be good to be in the mountains one last time without a toddler, spending time together and taking a break from the preparations, paying attention to my kids who are getting less than normal right now since I’ve been staring at plane ticket options for days at a time (or so it seems) (I’m so grateful for our local grandparents!) and breathing a bit before this rollercoaster starts up again next week.

So now you know. : ) And I’ll say it again… God is good!

Melissa

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast."

Psalm 139:9-10

2 comments:

  1. Yay on the travel plans! And good for you guys going camping. Where are you headed? Hopefully, not anywhere near the fires.

    Have you decided on Kamin's name? Just curious. I have got so used to "Kamin" that it will seem wierd (for lack of a better word) to call him something else. Wondering if you have had that feeling, or if you have a name in your heart for him. If you have a name picked out do you think of the new name when you see his pictures, or do you think Kamin? Just curious.

    I understand if you do not want to share the name yet, or any of it. I was just curious how it works, not technically but in your mind/heart. Does that make any sense?

    Sheri (who is still so excited for you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 AM

    Thank you for your comment on our blog. Have fun camping! We're going to give camping another try this weekend - hopefully it will go much better! We're so excited for you and can't wait to hear you have Kamin in your arms.
    Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.