Saturday, June 30, 2007

What's Goin' On

Well, in case anyone cares, I thought I'd give you a mini update on life these days. (The challenge here is to see how short I can make this! 1,2,3,GO!) KIDS: This last week the kids attended the Avalanche Ranch Vacation Bible Blast (much more exciting than Vacation Bible SCHOOL, you know!) at First Presbyterian Church downtown. We went b/c we knew some people that would be there and it was the absolute best $25 I've spent this summer! The kids had such a good time and the program was great. They spent 3 hours every day learning about how God is REAL, WITH US, STRONG, AWESOME & IN CHARGE! I think we could all stand to spend a week focusing on those things, don't you? And they'll be singing along the the awesome songs on the CD for months to come I'm sure. Fun, fun! ADOPTION: We got the draft of our home study yesterday from our social worker so that's about done and he has recommended us for approval to adopt! : ) Not that we expected he wouldn't but it's nice to see the whole thing written up. We are still gathering papers for our dossier and hopefully will have that together so we can ship it to the Thai consulate in LA soon. Once that's all done, we will be officially on the waiting list. It could still take a year after that before we get to bring our new child home (but it could be faster, too.) HOME: We are still trying to get our new master bedroom finished. Today Lowell installed the 2 ceiling fans and I'm working on getting window sills ready to be painted. We still have the floors and clean-up and some other random things to do. This part is always hard b/c we stop caring about the details and just want to GET IT DONE ALREADY! A NEW CHALLENGE: I am working on writing an article/essay for the Christian Leader magazine about tv, movies, books, video games, etc. and how we as Christians determine what's ok to be entertained by and what's not. WANT TO HELP??? Either comment here or email me and let me know what are your family's standards for entertainment? What lines have you drawn that help you determine what's acceptable. I have to have an outline or draft to the editor this week so the faster you respond, the better. Thanks for any input you give me. Have a great weekend/week! More profound things to come next week I'm sure...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa,
    I'm glad to hear that things are moving along with the adoption. You guys are in my prayers.
    I'm here in Norco. I'll be here until tomorrow afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.