Monday, May 17, 2010

Seek and Find (Part 2)

In the middle of the night, a few hours after I posted that last post, I woke up with this passage in my head.  
Acts 17:24-28
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this SO THAT MEN WOULD SEEK HIM and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'"
I'm not going to try to explain how it works or the theology behind it...  I'm just gonna praise God that he was determined the details of my life...  so that I will SEEK HIM.  : )  And I'm going to thank Him that IN HIM I live and move and have my being.  He gives me life and breath and everything else.  What more could I need?????  Earlier today I was thinking about how I didn't know what to do about something and God reminded me of what I wrote the other night.  So I realized that if I didn't know what to do about "this" yet, I must not need to know today.  So I'll work on what I DO know and leave what I don't for when God shows me what to do about it.  Walking in the light I have for today and leaving tomorrow for tomorrow...  Hmmm.  Seems like I've heard that somewhere before, too.  : )


Bless you today, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.