Saturday, May 08, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

Is it wrong that this little video makes me so happy???  






I told my (wonderful, supportive) husband one day that if he comes home and the house looks the same way as it did in the morning when he left, that means I did something!  It takes work just to maintain the status quo...  and even more to improve on it.  Nobody understands that like a mom...  especially one who's at home with kids who are making messes all day long!  I'm not complaining...  I'm just sayin'...  

Actually, I've been realizing lately that I'm on the tail end (well, except for during summer vacations!) of having at least one kid home all day long and it's quite strange.  I've been a mom for almost 9 and a half years now!  Amazing.  I love my kids, but I'm actually enjoying them growing up and unlike some women I know, I don't really miss the baby stage.  Maybe it was the sleep deprivation (for 9 years!) but especially those early years (okay...  the first 6) of motherhood were HARD for me.  I don't miss it...  I praise God we all made it!!!  : )  God has done some major work through it though and today I am healthier, stronger, more whole, more at peace, more content and more healed because of it.  I know there will be more challenges - probably next week! - but I'm so grateful for what God's done in me during these years since I became a mom...  And I'm looking forward for whatever is to come.

If you happen to be a mom with young kids and you could use some encouragement, PLEASE know that you are NOT the only one who doesn't have it all figured out and who is exhausted and who wonders why she can't just relax and enjoy her kids more.  But they really do grow up and eventually you just might have a little boy who tells you as you're tucking him in that he can't wait to give God a hug when he gets to heaven, or a daughter who WANTS to read the Bible with you and wants to know what it all means.  I can't promise that they'll ever keep their rooms clean or come the first time you call them, but they really will get older and eventually sleep through the night and be able to talk and tell you what they want instead of just crying or pointing and saying "that!" when you have no idea what "that!" is.  They'll grow up, and BY GOD'S GRACE you will too.  With His strength, you'll make it.  

At least, I did!

Blessings to you all...  young moms, old moms and dads, brothers, sisters and daughters, too.  God loves you all!  A whole lot.

~Melissa



3 comments:

  1. I couldn't open the video (at work, lol). I'm guessing it might be the mom song. If not, you have to hear that one.

    Thank you for the encouragment to all moms. You are so right, and you have so much to look forward to, both challenges and blessings.

    I managed to get one grown (18) and he still depends on mom, physically and emotionally. I love the young man he has become and the relationship we have. I love them all and look forward to seeing them grow to become husbands and fathers. (Especially Jacob, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to tell you that I don't comment as faithfully as I should but your blog really does encourage me and I always read your posts. I love the scripture you post and I really appreciate your honesty in todays posting. Some days are just hard to maintain the status quo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa for the encouragement! So good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.