Sunday, April 27, 2008

Confirmation

Hi Everyone! I got to talk on the phone last night with my sister (in-law) who lives in Thailand and realized I hadn't posted much lately about Kamin on here! It's certainly not because I haven't been thinking about him. : ) Just this week, in fact, I was submitting paperwork to the US Department of Homeland Security to request to classify him as an immediate relative. : ) How cool is that? I am extremely grateful for the patience God has given me/us so far. It's been a month already since we were matched and I'm sure that the months to come will go quickly, too. Life is just like that. God's grace is good and more than enough. And waiting is a matter of perspective, really. If we hadn't expected to have to wait another 6-8 months, I'd probably be impatient, upset, frustrated and depressed. But this is what we expected so for now it's okay. If time keeps passing and it goes longer than we expect, it will be much harder... but God is constantly reminding me that He's with us and He will help us through whatever we all have to go through. No matter what it is. I mentioned a month ago that God had made it really clear that Kamin is the little boy God has chosen for us, but I never told you the story... : ) The weekend after we got the phone call from our agency, I was processing a lot and thinking a lot about Kamin's birth mom and what it will be like for him to have to leave his foster family and come to this strange, cold place called Fresno with this strange pale family who speaks a strange language and eats weird food and lives in a house that smells funny, etc, etc, etc! (You get the picture!) It can be overwhelming for me to think about the initial transition period we'll go through and the grieving he'll go through. But 5 days later we were at a Bible study and as we sang the song "Enough" God reminded me powerfully that He will take care of us and give us everything we need and more to get through whatever we have to get through. I felt so relieved and comforted by the Holy Spirit. So that night when we came home, I wanted to journal about what God had spoken to me about and about how He had quieted and stilled my heart and restored my peace. As I was writing, I remembered a song I wrote last summer called "Be Still", and since I couldn't remember all of the words, I looked it up. Under the title, I had written this verse:
“Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.” Psalm 46:10-11
I thought it applied so perfectly to our adoption of Kamin and how God is going to be exalted among the nations and in the earth as we trust Him through this process. I skimmed over the words to the song again... until my eyes landed at the bottom of the page when I gasped and started crying (which I'm doing again.) At the bottom of the page was the date I had written the song... 07-07-07... the very same day that Kamin was born. I was and still am absolutely in awe of how God has been weaving this story together. I remember that morning so well... partly because when I was writing a particular part of the song, God was giving me the words for it so fast that I could hardly write them down fast enough. And that's never happened to me before or since. So I remember it well and I think it is so sweet of God to have given me a memory of that day so when I tell the story to Kamin someday I can tell him exactly where I was when I woke up a few hours after he was born and how God was already preparing his forever family for him. So that's how God made it so clear to me that we can rest assured and in confidence that Kamin is The Little One we have been waiting for... Isn't God good??? "The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress." Y, Melissa

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right, God is good. Thank goodness that he loves me more than I even love myself. I have had a hard transition time going from 3 to 3 kids. Evey day seems better though.
    I bought my 1 time use camera online on the Holt board under "classifieds". You can also buy them at CVS Pharmacy. I think I saw them there for $29.99. You send it to Thailand and they will give it back to you when you pick up your son.
    Thanks for your comment,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. See how crazy I am right now? I meant going from 2 to 3 kiddos.

    P.S. I am doing a Beth Moore Study right now at church. We are doing "Living Beyond Yourself". As usual, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:42 AM

    Mel, that story brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing it. What a beautiful memory.

    It's amazing how God works when we are able to step back and look at the bigger picture. Often we get too caught up in right now to remember that God's plan is bigger and better than we can even imagine. I need that reminder sometimes.

    Sheri T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is so good! It just goes to show you that He really is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:22 PM

    Hello Melissa - I just found your blog through Robin's from HOLT and we also are with holt and we brought home our daughter from Thailand 2 months ago. I look forward to following your journey!

    Hirally

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.