Saturday, October 20, 2007

What I thought was going to be a really quick post...

Well, I haven't forgotten about you all.  I just thought you should know.  And I want to thank you all for helping me achieve my first week of having an average of a whole 10 (TEN!) visits to my blog per day this last week.  I've been watching my sitemeter thing for a long time just waiting to hit 10.  My blog life is now complete.  : )
 
I didn't blog yesterday b/c it was my fabulous husband's birthday, & I watched a movie with him instead of blogging (aren't I sweet?) and tonight Lowell's cousin Charis and her hubby Maarten (I think that's how it's spelled) are coming to stay at our house overnight, so I'm trying to get ready (or at least I will be when I'm "off the computer".  So all I'm going to do right now is tell you that I'm very excited that tomorrow I get to sing one of my songs at church during communion!  : )  Since I still haven't figured out how to put music on my blog, I'll just give you here the lyrics to the song and what I typed up to put in the bulletin explaining the song.  (In the bulletin so I won't go talking too long in the middle of what it supposed to be communion accompanied by my singing--not communion accompanied by me talking.)  (Not that I ever talk too long...)  Feel free to make up your own melody if you are so inclined.
 
I'll let you know next time how it goes.  : )  If you see this before Sunday morning at 10:something you can pray for me! 
 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Psalm 51 (Renew Me)

 

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your unfailing love

According to Your great compassion, cleanse me from my sin

Wash away my iniquity; against You only have I sinned

Create in me a pure and steadfast heart, O God

 

I cry

Renew me, Restore me

Transform me to Your image for Your glory, O God

 

Cleanse me and I will be clean; wash me whiter than snow

Don't take Your Holy Spirit from me

or send me away from You

Save me from my guilt, O God, the God who saves me

Then I will teach transgressors Your ways

And sinners will turn back to You

 

And we will

Praise You, Extol You

Lord, open my lips and my mouth will declare Your praise

 

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation

And grant me a willing spirit to sustain me

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit

A broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise

 

~M. Ens, July 2007

 

      As you listen to this song, I pray God will bless and speak to you.  It was written during a time when I was feeling awful about a sin God had exposed in my heart.  I felt guilty because I knew I had betrayed God.  The words King David wrote (after he was confronted regarding his sin of adultery and murder) in Psalm 51 became my prayer as I cried out to God to renew and restore me because I knew I could not restore myself.  God was the only One who could forgive me and save me from my guilt.

      David declared that he would teach transgressors (anyone who violates God's laws or commands) God's ways and that sinners would return to God.   David knew that God was gracious and compassionate and forgiving and that as God restored him, David would be able to testify to God's kindness and encourage others to cry out to God for forgiveness as well.

      I am so grateful that God will never turn away from a heart broken by its sin.  When I am sorry and ask for His forgiveness, He will never deny me.  He created each and every one of us for His glory (Isaiah 43:6-7) and wants to continue to transform us into His image.  God does the work of changing us and we get to tell others about it and extol (praise highly!) Jesus' mighty Name!  Hallelujah!

 

                                                           ~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.