Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Women's Retreat Countdown!

Hi friends!  Sorry for the lack of blog activity here, but I’ve been busy taking care of coughing children and getting ready for our church’s Women’s Retreat that is THIS weekend!  Woohoo!  I wish every one of you (the girls, anyway!) could come…  I know God is going to meet us and speak to us and bless us and I’m so incredibly excited to get to speak and share all that God has shown me about His truly amazing GRACE and trusting Him.

 

I would absolutely still be so grateful for your prayers as I finish getting ready, gathering my notes and other stuff to take, prepping my family and home for my absence for the weekend, etc.  My heart aches to leave Timothy for the first time, but I KNOW that God has been preparing him and Lowell for this weekend.  Timothy is so much more bonded to Lowell than either Mikaela or Toby were at this age!  I know they’ll be fine, but I still wonder a bit how he will react to me being gone.  I’m trusting God to be sovereign over it all – as well as how tired I will be at the end of it.  I’m grateful that it doesn’t look (yet!) like there will be a repeat of last year when I got the stomach flu 2 days before the retreat (please God!).

 

This is such a dream coming true to be able to speak to my sisters…  I can’t wait to see what God has in store for each one of us.  Myself included.  I already feel so blessed by what I’ve learned in preparing for this and I know there is so much more!  Thanks for your prayers for me and everyone else that will be there and all of our families…  Pray that every word I say would be what God wants me to say and nothing more or less.  And that He would use it to speak to our hearts like only He can do.

 

I’ll give you a report when I get home!

 

J, Melissa

 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE!!! I'm not sure I know anyone else who gets more excited than nervous before speaking! I think it is so cool! Your enthusiasm and gratitude for what God has done, and done for you, are contangious (sp?)!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart with me.